What are Energy Drinks:
We all know that when we work out, it's important to stay hydrated. Something we may not be so clear on is what exactly we should drink when we exercise.
Energy drinks are drinks that are said to provide energy to the individuals that drink them.
Gatorade is a good product when used for what it’s meant for. Gatorade is not a casual drink or something you give your children regularly. It’s a well-thought-out performance product that you drink before, during, and after exercise, especially if the activity is longer than an hour and if you’re exercising in hot weather. Gatorade has the triple benefit of replacing water and electrolytes that are lost when sweating and providing carbs for energy.
- Helps Athlete's performance
- Fuel endurance for activities
- Promotes Energy
- Improves endurance in muscle size and strength
Oral rehydration solutions (ORS) are used to treat dehydration caused by diarrhea, a common illness in travellers. Unlike other fluids, the ratio of the ingredients in an ORS matches what the body needs to recover from a diarrheal illness.
• Enerzal offers a well balanced mix of water, carbohydrates and vital electrolytes – making it an isotonic energy drink
• Enerzal is caffeine and preservative free – making it an ideal energy drink for children as well as adults of all ages
• Enerzal’s osmolarity is similar to that of blood – ensuring faster rehydration
Comparison Of Gatorade,Electral(ORS) and Enerzal:
Please be careful about the usage of the two. Gatorade/energy drink is for NORMAL recovery of body fluids & salts, like when spent doing sports. ELECTRAL (ORS) on the other hand is when extreme DEHYDRATION HAS ALREADY SET-IN, that is why it is called ORS – Oral Hydration Salts. ELECTRAL is given if the person is still able to hydrate orally otherwise one has to administer a saline drip for recovery from dehydration. Usually this means after a severe & prolonged bout of diarrhoea and/or vomiting.