Here are a few fun facts, or should we say Fart Facts:
- Did you know that the average person lets one rip at least 14 times a day!
- A Fart can also travel faster than Usain Bolt, at 10ft per second.
- Another fun fact about these hot airs is that they measure 98.6 degrees at the time of creation, and yes, they’re flammable!
They’re nothing but the trapped air inside our body that comes out in an awkward fashion more often than not. Some of it is the air that we swallow while chewing or drinking, and other is gas that is absorbed by our intestines from the blood.
Farts contain Nitrogen, Oxygen, and Methane in large amounts, but it is the Hydrogen Sulfide (about 1%) that actually gives it the stench that makes people run out the elevator as soon as the doors open.
So the more Sulfur rich your diet, the lesser friends you’ll have. Besides Sulfur rich foods such as soda and eggs, foods such as beans and cabbage also lead to foul smelling farts since they contain complex sugars that cannot be broken down by our body. So you better start giving a fart about what you eat if you want to remain socially acceptable!
We can’t stop this natural phenomenon, but we can definitely assure you a healthier and more pleasant smelling lifestyle if you tweak your lifestyle in these small and simple ways –
- Don’t overeat - Indulge in smaller meals and increase their frequency.
- Slow down - The faster you gulp, the more air you take in with every bite.
- Keep Calm - Eating during stress can hamper digestion.
- Exercise - Besides reducing gas pain, this also leads to a healthier and more active lifestyle.
So next time don't feel embarrassed or disgruntled when you hear some long roars around you. They are just trying to stay healthy!